What’s your impression of the Über-rich? Is it “my super power is rich'' superhero Bruce Wayne? Or reckless entrepreneur like Elon – we mean Iron Man Tony Stark? Or 4D-chess grandmaster Bobby Axelrod of Billions? Or like us, you realized after an orange man settled himself with his glamorous children in the White House — that rich people can be stupid, and are in despirate need of a psychiatrist.
Join us in this episode where we discuss HBO's hit series "Succession":
- 00:03:14 Deep-dive into the media industry the show is loosely based on
- 00:10:03 Classical literary references in “Succession”: Shakespeare, Greek Mythology and Palace Fights in Chinese TV
- 00:16:25 Shiv and her Schrödinger’s feminism: is it fake or sincere?
- 00:24:30 Kendall and the fragile and privileged elitist struggle of the firstborn
- 00:33:40 Tom and the unspeakable pain of being caught between sex and class
- 00:39:35 For narcissists, shame and anger are two sides of the same coin
- 00:49:00 Corporate lingo 101 and discussion on meritocracy
- 00:59:05 Shaky camera movement, deliberately inexplicable sets, off-tune soundtrack, and all the juicy details we will be marinating on for the next decade
If you like our show and want to support us, please consider the following: Those Abroad：https://www.patreon.com/cyberpinkfm Those in China：https://afdian.net/@cyberpinkfm Business Inquiries Email：[email protected] Business Inquiries WeChat： CyberPink2022
Links referenced in the show: